NEBOSH International Construction Certificate (ICC)
NEBOSH International Construction Certificate
NEBOSH International Certificate in Construction is designed for managers, supervisors, principal designers and coordinators who work in the construction industry.
Why NEBOSH International Construction Certificate?
The 1st reason: Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). The qualification also meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (Tech IOSH) of IOSH.
The 2nd reason: Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
The 3rd reason:
- Satisfies the requirements for Construction Safety Associate membership (AaPS) of the Association for Project Safety (APS).
- Counts as a significant contribution towards the points required for Registered Membership (RMaPS) of the Association for Project Safety (APS).
This qualification is designed for people throughout the world who work in construction, civil engineering, utilities, facilities, broadcasting, property management and more. It is particularly suitable for
- supervisors and
- others who require the right level of skills and know-how to fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
- International standards for health and safety at work
- Implementation of health and safety management systems
- Identification of workplace hazards
- Methods of risk control within the construction industry
- Practical application of knowledge and understanding
Unit 1: IGC1: Management of International Health and Safety
- Element 1: Foundations in health & safety
- Element 2: Health & Safety management systems 1 -Plan
- Element 3: Health & Safety management systems 2 – Do
- Element 4: Health & Safety management systems 3 – Check
- Element 5: Health & Safety management system 4 – Act
Unit 2: ICC1: Managing and Controlling Hazards in International Construction Activities
- Element 1 – Construction Management
- Element 2 – Construction Site – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 3 – Vehicle & Plan Movement – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 4 – Musculoskeletal Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 5 – Work Equipment – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 6 – Electrical Safety
- Element 7 – Fire Safety
- Element 8 – Chemical & Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 9 – Physical & Psychological Health – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 10 – Working at Height – Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 11 – Excavation Work & Confined Spaces – Hazards & Risk Control
- Element 12 – Demolition & Deconstruction – Hazards & Risk Control
Unit 3: ICC2: Practical Application: The Practical assessment is carried out in the candidate’s own workplace. The practical must be completed within 14 days of the ICC1 written examination.
- You are provided with login information to our distance learning platform and course materials
- You can contact our tutors via skype, zoom or viber etc thorough the learning with us to further support if any.
How long does the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate take?
- Distance learning = 164 hours
There are three major course Units (IGC1, ICC1 & ICC2) to successfully complete before you become fully certified with the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate qualification.
1). IGC1 – Open Book Examination (OBE) is done Online at your home.
2). ICC1 – Invigilated paper based exam is done at the British Council in Ho Chi Minh or Ha Noi. Exam dates will be arranged by us with the next available date and to register.
3). ICC2 – The practical assessment will be completed at your own workplace within 10 days of a written exam.
IGC1 – Open Book Examination (OBE) is done Online.
NEBOSH has confirmed the following OBE exam dates in 2021
- Wednesday 3 February 2021
- Wednesday 7 April 2021
- Wednesday 9 June 2021
- Wednesday 4 August 2021
- Wednesday 6 October 2021
- Wednesday 1 December 2021
Note: Please note that all exams must be registered at least 08 weeks prior to the exam date.
A NEBOSH International Construction Certificate will be awarded when a candidate passes three assessments
What's update with ICC course?
- The open Book Exam has replaced invigilated, paper-based exam since Dec 2020
- An open book exam assesses the same learning outcomes as an invigilated, paper-based exam. With an open book exam, you can have access to textbooks, course notes and the internet.
- You can complete an open book exam in your own home, or another suitable location. You will have up to 24 hours to complete the NEBOSH open book exam.
- Following the open book exam is a short closing interview, which takes approximately 15 minutes. The purpose of the interview is to confirm that the work you have submitted is your own and that you did not have any assistance in completing your NEBOSH assessment.
- The closing interview takes place via video call, which you can access via smartphone, tablet or computer.
- The interviewer will ask to see identification, you need to provide either your passport, driving license or national identity card. The interviewer needs to see the room that you are in to ensure you don’t have access to notes during the interview.
- The interviewer will ask you questions based on your open book exam, your work and your submission.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 164 hours
- Skill level HSE practitioners
- Language English
- Students 12
- Assessments Yes